Thursday, July 05, 2007

Ah Useless Facebook

"Facebook is made up of many networks, each based around a workplace, region, high school or college. Join a network to discover the people who work, live or study around you."

So maybe this is why I find Facebook the least interesting of the social networking sites. I was an undergrad when social networking sites were for hipsters only (I'm amused, I'm still 19 there). Now I'm doing my degree online. I don't know my classmates. I have lots of friends and acquantences from penpals, music lists, and travelling to keep in touch with. Basically, location and education are not how I make friends, and Facebook is based on this model.

Feel free to tell me what Facebook is better than MySpace for. I joined because it is studied in the library literature but I'm severely dissapointed.

No comments: